Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thank you for inspiring James Pepper

Dear God:
Thank you. Thank you for inspiring James Pepper. You have given him a special gift but also a special responsibility in hand lettering and illustrating the King James Bible. I was recently amazed at the work done on the Saint John's Bible -- I still am. Working with calligraphers and illustrators, and using today's technology to plan their work, they have amassed an incredible multi-volume work of art to bring new life and vision to your word. James Pepper has worked 18 years to do the same thing on his own, The Pepper Bible. It's a stunning achievement. Thank you for giving him that special gift and bringing it to the world. Thank you for sending him to my Booksville blog, letting him see my article on the Saint John's Bible, and having him comment on it so that I might know of his work, too.

Thank you, God, for working through your faithful to make our world a better place. That's why you put us here, Lord.

I love you!
Alan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home